Parents will want what’s best for kids even when it comes to the kinds of toys they will be playing with. As such, discerning parents don’t just want to buy any old toy for their children; they want to get good educational toys that will keep them amused even as these help enrich their minds. This article lists some tips that you can follow to help you choose good learning toys for your children and gives some of the best toys available in the market today.
Tips when choosing educational toys
Just because some toys are labeled as educational toys doesn’t automatically make these a good choice for your children. Some of the factors you will want to take into consideration when shopping for these toys include:
- Safety. The most important thing that you will want to consider when choosing what toy to give to a child, educational or not, is safety. Make sure that the toy won’t pose any hazards to the health of the child, from possible choking hazards to toxic materials that may have been used to produce this.
- Age appropriateness. Some toys are only appropriate for children when they reach a certain age, not only for safety purposes, but also because the purpose of the toy has to match the developmental stage the child is at. Be sure to check the label to see if the toy is age-appropriate or not.
- Purpose. What goal do you want to achieve from the toy? Do you want the child to know more about sciences or math? Do you want him or her to develop his or her reading skills? Make sure to choose a toy that will fit the goal that you have in mind for your child.
A look at the top toys
There are several top-rated educational toys in the market today. These include:
- Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby’s First Blocks. Nothing beats the classics, which is why the blocks game continues to be popular with parents and babies alike. Made for those between 6 months and 3 years old, the toy can be used to help children develop their knowledge about colors and shapes.
- Vtech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker. Made for those who are 6 months and older, this walker will not only help kids develop stability while walking, it will also teach them about different sounds, colors, shapes, and numbers.
- Playskool Alphie. Made for those who are 3 years old and older, this toy has been designed to teach kids about letters, numbers, and other basic lessons. The fact that Alphie’s an amusing companion just adds to the appeal of this toy.
- Leap Frog Leapster 2 Learning Game System. Designed to resemble and work as a mini-computer for kids, this educational toy teaches kids about math, sciences, and reading through 30 different and fun games. This toy was designed with kids 4 to 8 years old in mind.
- Insect Lore Live Butterfly Garden. This toy is designed for older kids, such as those between 4 and 14 years old. This toy allows children to appreciate the value of life by teaching them the butterfly’s life cycle.
There are many learning toys available in the market. If you want to make sure that you get the best educational toys for your kids, don’t hesitate to do your research about these products so you will know what these can offer to you and your kids.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6663496
By Patricia A. Jones